Hi ladies, how are you?
I hope you are enjoying your week so far whenever you are because I am loving the sunny weather right here in Toronto. I recently realized that it has been a long while since I posted a D.I.Y beauty recipe and I kinda want to bring it back with this back. I mean the sun is out, the weather is getting warmer and we have all the reasons to pamper and prepare to show off your skin and our hair.
Today D.I.Y recipe, I want to show you quickly how to make super duper easy hair mask that will definitely help restore and bring back the healthy look to your hair if it is now all dry and frizzy after all the months of winter. For this D.I.Y recipe, you only need 2 ingredients: COCONUT OIL and AVOCADO
COCONUT OIL is well known for its effectiveness in repairing and recovering damaged hair. A 30 minute-session of this treatment can bring life back to your hair and leave it soft and smooth. Coconut oil is a great conditioner that can rebuild and hydrates chemically damaged hair.
AVOCADO is rich in healthy fat and is known for its hydrating and moisturizing benefits. It also contains vitamins E & B which helps repairs and promotes hair growth.
1. Heat up 2 teaspoon of coconut oil ( using microwave)
My favourite brand of coconut oil is JaXCOCO. I love the fact that jax Extra Virgin Centrifuged Coconut Oil is produced using a proprietary triple centrifuge process that quickly separates oil from the coconut milk emulsion. Their coconut oil retains more nutrients and is more raw (with the industry’s lowest zero peroxide while other coconut oils contain traces), lower free fatty acids and rich in lauric acid, which has anti-viral properties and beneficial metabolic effects. Better yet, jax Extra Virgin Centrifuged Coconut Oil is made only from select certified, organic, fair trade coconuts.(Follow @jaxcocoglobal on Instagram)
2. Blend the combination of coconut oil and avocado together until creamy
3. Apply the mixture to your hair and make sure you spend some time to go over the part where hair is most damage
4. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes. I usually wear a plastic shower cap over my head and go do some other things. I hate having to sit at one place and that’s part of the reason why I love doing these home remedies because you can actually move around and do other stuff. For maximum results, you can use a blow dryer to add a bit of heat around the hair as heat opens hair follicles and allows more of the good stuff to go in your hair.
5. After 30-40 minutes, you can now rise your hair with cool water.
And that’s about it.
I just finished washing my hair and it already feels amazing. This is a super easy and one of my favourite quick and cheap home remedies to try out. Your hair will look shiny and feel amazing afterwards. For those of you who use a lot heat styling tools and colours, I highly recommend you to try this D.I.Y recipe out.
Hope you ladies have all the fun with this home spa method and have a fantastic weekend!
From Tracey with ❤